Saturday, December 13, 2008

We were lucky in southern New England as we only had 4-5" of rain, however my son and his family in Wilton, NH had a ice storm. They are without electric for at least 4 days and thankfully have a wood stove for heat. My son sent me some pictures before he lost electric of just his yard. He said every minute or less you could hear trees falling. it will be a long time for the trees to recover if ever as the longer the ice sits on them the more damage they incur. Mother nature has her own way of setting things up to remove and start new growth and life. It has been this way since the beginning of time and it seems to work so I say we trust mother nature to keep us in balance. On another note we use Canidae dog food on the dogs we opened a new bag this week and found it had worms in it UGH! We returned it and they apologizes but we will check every bag now so if you use this food or basically any other please check it. I am still fighting this horrid cold hopefully it goes soon. Linda tells me we are going into the woods today to find our Christmas Tree (this is a 4 hour hunt) as we locate a tree but keep looking to make sure this is the "BEST" then we can't find it again so we walk the area for forever it seems. Today I am going to bring something to mark it. The dogs enjoy it they come home exhausted. Well, I have to go start laying on the clothing. Have a good day

No comments: