Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Typical New England Weather


We went from a temperature of 14*F with a wind chill of 3F to this morning a temperature of 62*F and 45MPH winds. We had a little snow over the weekend now we have mud. the dogs are running in the yard and covered in wet mud the wash tub will be in use today:) We live on the coast of Rhode Island (the smallest state ) the views from the coast line are beautiful. We take the dogs to the water whenever we have the chance they love it Mia thinks she is part or all water retriever as she just wants to get wet. We have the Newport Mansions where the rich and famous have lived and now are tourist attractions. Fresh seafood comes in daily at the fishing piers and we have local produce in the summer. Being a small state you always meet someone who knows you or your family.Conversations usually begin with "Hi aren't you related to so and so" Rhode Islanders hate to travel if you have to go further then 15 mins. to get somewhere bring a lunch and consider staying over (I'm not kidding) And if snow is forecast there is a run on milk and bread! I have lived here all my life as has my husband,Bob. Our children are in RI except for my oldest son who lives in New Hampshire with his family they love the mountains.The dogs are in and looking at me with the hunger look so I have to go feed the crew.

2 comments:

Belaire said...

Hi Pat,
Thanks for your comments on my blog. That was a I love the pictures of your dogs too and the coast, well how beautiful is that.

We enjoy showing and just being and living with our guys. Through all of this with the dialysis, I don't know what I would ever have done with out them.

I also thank you for your generous offer for help on this dialysis, I am sure I will take you up on it.

It would be so nice to keep in touch. I could not find your email address. Mine is gbelarie@westol.com. I will keep looking, but send it if you can.

Happy Holidays to you all!!

Gloria

Irish Hill Shelties said...
This comment has been removed by the author.