Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day where has the time gone I can't believe that after all the preparations and planning Christmas has come and is ending in a few hours. I look back and feel somewhat sad that it has ended. I won't miss the shopping and traffic but I miss the look of excitement in my granddaughter's eyes and the anticipation of what Santa will bring to her and her brother. The daily phone calls she makes to me (3-5 times aday) telling me she is "so excited and happy that Santa is coming". I will still get the phone calls which are highlights in my day but Santa will be a topic left for next year. I also at this time of year get to see alot of my family that I don't get too see as often as I like such a busy but happy time. Now we head into the cold quiet winter where we don't see anyone as much as we go from car to the house quickly. The wood stove will be on all day and I will be baking bake beans and soups and stews alot on it. we get heat and cooked food from one source :) I received a new digital camera for Christmas and can't wait to start using it I hope to be posting more pictures now. We had a sonogram done on Molly last Monday and she didn't conceive on her breeding we are disappointed and had hoped for a litter but we will have to try again and hope that the next time we are luckier. I always try to see the glass as half full and not empty as we can't change the outcomes but accept them as they are. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas .

No comments: