Monday, September 6, 2010

Our Mom's Information and news Please read

We know that you must know our mom she is always running around and loves to talk about us. There are some days when she doesn't run as much so we asked her to tell you her story. At first she said no but after bugging her allot she said ok. We love our Mom a whole bunch and she, Linda and Dad would do anything for us we are so lucky to live here but that is another story today is mom's.Hi my name is Pat and I am a very lucky person. I have 3 wonderful children and a terrific husband, Bob.I was a nurse for over 30 years a job that I can compare to no other. The pride, gratitude and humility I got was by far more then I ever gave. I am what you probably call a very busy outdoor person. I love to be out in my yard with the dogs,planting, painting (usually more on me), and working on a project or two ( poor Linda and my husband) They hear me say "I been thinking...."(and they look to heaven and say now what ). However the past year and a half I have had allot of heath issues which even with pushing myself I couldn't over come them. I cracked my wrist a year ago last June in a fall that I took digging a hole trying to jump on the shovel to push it in the ground definitely not a good idea when you are not in your 20's LOL and also injured my shoulder. I worked and talked my way around that but I also at that time started to have back pain I ignored it for a few months then when it got worst I said Iwill try injections in the spine to see if that works the first set of 3 injections helped the second set (6 months later ) made it worse. It came to the point where I was walking bent over in pain and not able to do much. Now I saw a neuro surgeon who ordered a MRI and said you have no more disc in your L4 and L5 back and you need surgery. So I have had the surgery done August 18 and came home and again returned to the hospital to have my back incision opened again to have a screw that had gone through my bone into a muscle removed as it was causing problems. After another few days recovering I am home again moving but very slowly using a walker and cane. With no other problems I hope to be back to "normal " in 12 weeks. This is going to be very hard for me to do I have a nurse and physical therapist coming into our home for now till I can go there.I am missing the dog shows and Linda with Bob has picked up the dog care and other jobs. I guess that now while we are talking health I am going to tell you my other 'News" I have had Parkinson's Disease for the past 10 years and never have I said "Why Me" or "Poor ME" I have always felt that we take what we get and deal with it. There are good days and not so good days I know that it has been harder on my family as they worry that I don't always stop and think about what I do, I just do it. I am telling you this at this time because if you see me using a cane or a walker (I hope not) you will know why. And for those who have a physical disability problem don't let it over come you and stop you from what you want to do. We have had a few dear club people who are now quite ill but I am sure that for years have kept going even on bad days because they love what they were doing. The same is true for me I love my family, hobbies and dogs Linda and Bob will be picking up the extra work I do for I hope a short time.I love the dog shows, and excitement and caring for the dogs. Watching a puppy being born and being excited planning it's future and planning if this is the one the next :CHAMPION". SO THANK YOU LINDA, BOB, AND MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT. If you see me wobble or trip just know that I am okay just not quite up to par for the day but better days do come. As I am Irish I let the Irish saying carry me
An Old Irish Blessing
May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
Bring the best to ou and yours!

2 comments:

Laureate said...

Hope you are feeling better and back at it soon!
Cheers, Kim

Patti and DeBoys said...

Well kids thank you for making your mom tell us her story, and we see why you are so very proud of her.
Pat, keep up the Awesome Positive Attitude...our mom always says, "With mind over matter and a positive attitude anything can be accomplished."
Also, our moms have a couple of things in common:
1) Our mom's name is Patti.
2) Everyone that knows our mom just wonders or thinks, 'NOW WHAT" when she also says, 'I have been thinking'. LOL

We hope that your mom is back to herself real soon.

Your New Friends
Brutus, Tytus and Patti